2017 Toyota Prius Performance Specs and Fuel Economy
The Toyota Prius has a storied reputation for delivering fuel-efficient and reliable performance. The 2017 Toyota Prius continues to build upon this tradition while also offering a surprising among of responsiveness behind the wheel, thanks to enhanced design elements that improve handling while further improving efficiency. Pascagoula drivers can see how the Prius stacks up by the numbers and then come take it for a test drive at Palmer’s Toyota in Mobile, AL.
Powertrain Performance and Fuel Economy
The hybrid powertrain on every Toyota Prius hybrid includes a 1.8L four-cylinder aluminum DOHC 16-valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), a pair of electric motors, and an electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (ECVT). This setup is good for 121 hp, and you’ll also have the option of switching between EV/ECO/POWER modes. Now, let’s take a closer look at its incredible fuel economy:
- Standard Fuel Economy – On most versions of the Prius, this powertrain setup helps you achieve strong fuel economy numbers, with an EPA-estimated 54 mpg city and 50 mpg highway.
- LE Two Eco Fuel Economy – If you decide to go with the LE Two Eco Trim, though, you’ll enjoy lighter body and frame elements and a lighter lithium-ion hybrid battery. This helps the LE Two Eco to get even better fuel economy than other Prius trims, with EPA numbers coming in at an incredible 58 mpg city and 53 mpg highway!
Designed for Performance
The Toyota Prius has built its reputation on being an incredibly fuel-efficient and accessibly-priced hybrid, and the 2017 Prius yet again follows through on this model while also delivering more responsiveness and sophistication than you might expect. This comes in a variety of forms, including:
- Double-wishbone Rear Suspension – Helping to give the Prius a more responsive feel on the road is a double-wishbone rear suspension that improves handling without compromising its smooth ride quality.
- Touring Suspension Tuning – Opt for the Touring trim, and you’ll get a specially tuned suspension that offers up an even more exciting feeling of control and power behind the wheel.
- Rigid Body Design – The new Prius body has been smartly designed to improve comfort while also taking handling and braking quality to the next level.
- Rear Spoiler – The rear spoiler on the Prius gives it an aerodynamic look while also helping give it a more efficient, quieter ride.
Save Money at the Pump by Choosing the 2017 Toyota Prius
Whether you’re interested in the standard powertrain setup, the LE Eco, or any specific trim level of the 2017 Toyota Prius, you’ll be able to find it at Palmer’s Toyota. Our sales team is here to help you at every step of the way, and you’ll find our doors open for your convenience every day of the week! If you have any questions, you can contact us online or call us directly at (251) 639-0800. Otherwise, simply stop into our dealership at 470 Schillinger Road South in Mobile, AL. We look forward to working with you!