New 2022 Toyota Highlander vs new 2022 Ford Explorer Near Mobile, AL
Palmer’s Toyota wants to make your next SUV purchase easier by breaking down the highlights and differences between the new 2022 Toyota Highlander and the 2022 Ford Explorer, two popular options for Mobile shoppers. Both vehicles are sure to impress when it comes to dependability. Learn more about which 2022 SUV is right for you.
At First Glance
The new 2022 Toyota Highlander and the 2022 Ford Explorer are both great options for drivers who are looking for a capable SUV. With a starting MSRP of $35,855 for the 2022 Toyota Highlander and $35,510 for the 2022 Ford Explorer, these SUVs are available at a similar price. Look forward to getting exactly what you’re looking for as the 2022 Highlander offers eleven trim levels while its Ford competitor only offers eight. Don’t settle for less when it comes to your next SUV purchase.
Fuel Efficiency & Performance
If you’re searching for an SUV that delivers amazing performance, the new 2022 Toyota Highlander and the 2022 Ford Explorer are both great options. While the Ford Explorer offers slightly more towing capacity, the 2022 Highlander’s offers up to 295 horsepower, 263 lb.-ft. of torque, and 5000-lb. towing capacity. The Highlander also has better fuel efficiency at an EPA-estimated 24 MPG combined plus more hybrid options to keep you on the road longer.
Technology and Convenience Features
The new 2022 Toyota Highlander and the Ford Explorer both go above and beyond when it comes to cutting-edge technology and convenience features. Available interior features like heated and ventilated front seats, panoramic moonroof, and third row seating. You can also feel at home on the road with tons of available technology to keep you connected, including:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Five USB ports
- two 12V outlets
- SiriusXM® 3-Month Platinum Plan Trial Subscription
- JBL® Audio System
- 7-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display
- Driver Easy Speak
Both the all-new 2022 Toyota Highlander and the 2022 Ford Explorer are packed with top of the line safety features so that you can have total peace of mind and focus on the road ahead. Take a look at all the available safety features on the new 2022 Toyota Highlander:
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.5
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Road Sign Assist
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Safety Connect®
- Emergency Assistance
- Stolen Vehicle Locator
- Roadside Assistance
- Automatic Collision Notification
Test Drive the New 2022 Toyota Highlander at the Local Dealership Near You in Mobile, AL!
Is it time to test drive the new 2022 Toyota Highlander? Stop by Palmer’s Toyota at 470 Schillinger Rd S, Mobile, AL 36695 or give us a call at (251) 639-0800. We look forward to helping our neighbors in Mobile, Pensacola, and Moss Point find the perfect compact SUV. You can also value your trade and apply for financing online anytime!
* MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $1,025 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra), $1,215 for SUV/Van/Small Trucks (4Runner, bZ4X, C-HR, Corolla Cross, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, RAV4 Prime, Sienna, Tacoma, Venza), $1,495 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,695 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure and may be subject to change at any time. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
* EPA-estimated 21 city/29 highway/24 combined mpg rating for 2022 Highlander L FWD, LE FWD, XLE FWD, XSE FWD, Limited FWD and Platinum FWD; EPA-estimated 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2022 Highlander L AWD, LE AWD, XLE AWD, Limited AWD and Platinum AWD. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary for many reasons, including your vehicle’s condition and how/where you drive. See www.fueleconomy.gov.
* Before towing, confirm your vehicle and trailer are compatible, hooked up and loaded properly and that you have any necessary additional equipment. Do not exceed any Weight Ratings and follow all instructions in your Owner’s Manual. The maximum you can tow depends on base curb weight plus the total weight of any cargo, occupants, and added vehicle equipment. “Added vehicle equipment” includes additional standard/optional equipment and accessories added by the manufacturer, dealers, and/or vehicle owners. The only way to be certain of your vehicle’s exact curb weight is to weigh your vehicle without passengers or cargo. [Calculated with the new SAE J2807 method.] See Owner’s Manual for limitations.
* Water, weather, dirt, and other conditions also may cause the sensor to not operate properly or to operate unintentionally. See Owner’s Manual for limitations.
* Apps and services are subject to change at any time without notice. Data charges may apply. Apple CarPlay® functionality requires a compatible iPhone® connected with an approved data cable into the USB media port. Apple CarPlay® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
* Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statement apply. To use Android Auto on your audio display, you’ll need an Android Auto compatible vehicle and Android phone. For phone compatibility visit: https://www.android.com/auto/. Requires compatible smartphone connected with an approved data cable into the USB media port, and data plan rates apply. Apps and services vary by phone carrier and are subject to change at any time without notice. Android, Android Auto and Waze are trademarks of Google.
* Eligible vehicle and wireless service required. Wi-Fi Connect depends on factors outside of Toyota’s control, including an operative telematics device, a cellular connection, GPS signal, and the availability of a compatible wireless network, without which system functionality and availability may be limited or precluded. Wi-Fi Connect coverage and service not available everywhere. Valid in the contiguous U.S. and Alaska. Do not drive distracted. Go to att.com/toyota for terms and conditions. Data usage and charges apply. Up to 5 devices can be supported using in-vehicle connectivity. Apps and services subject to change at any time without notice. The Wi-Fi Connect trial begins at the time of activation and expires when 2GB of data is used or when the 3-month period ends. Subscription required after trial. Terms and conditions apply.
* May not be compatible with all mobile phones, MP3/WMA players and like models.
* Rated for 12 volts/10 amps. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* JBL® is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
* Toyota Safety Sense™ effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. Drivers are responsible for their own safe driving. Always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* The Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection (PD) is designed to determine if impact is imminent and help reduce impact speed and damage in certain frontal collisions involving a vehicle, a pedestrian or a bicyclist. PCS w/PD is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrian or bicyclist and weather, light and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to read visible lane markers under certain conditions. It provides a visual and audible alert and slight steering force when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* Automatic High Beams operate at speeds above 25 mph. Factors such as a dirty windshield, weather, lighting and terrain limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually operate the high beams. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* The Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) lane centering function is designed to read visible lane markers and detect other vehicles under certain conditions. It is only operational when DRCC is engaged. Not available on vehicles with manual transmissions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* Do not rely exclusively on Road Sign Assist (RSA). RSA is a driver support system that utilizes the vehicle’s forward-facing camera and navigation system (when data is available) to recognize certain road signs and provide information to the driver via the multi-information display and/or Head-Up Display. Effectiveness is dependent on road, weather, vehicle and sign conditions. Use common sense when using RSA and do not drive distracted. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. System effectiveness is dependent on many factors including road, weather and traffic conditions. Vehicles with manual transmission have regular DRCC. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
* Building and/or parking structures may limit system effectiveness. Stolen vehicle police report required to use Stolen Vehicle Locator. For additional assistance contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.
* Requires adequate cellular coverage and GPS signal strength. May not work in all areas. Service may vary by vehicle and region. See Toyota Dealer for details and exclusions.
* The Safety Connect® trial period is at no extra cost and begins on the original date of purchase or lease of a new vehicle. After the trial period expires, enrollment in paid subscription is required to access the service.