2017 Toyota Camry Performance Specs and Features
When you think about the Toyota Camry, some of the first things that comes to mind are likely its reliability, value, and it being a smart choice in the midsize sedan segment. Helping further the case for choosing the 2017 Toyota Camry in particular are its impressive performance numbers from a pair of capable engines—including a 3.5L V6—as well as an available sport-tuned suspension and other performance-enhancing features. When you’re ready to get an even closer look at the new Camry, make your way to Palmer’s Toyota in Mobile, AL.
Powertrain Specs and Fuel Economy
The 2017 Toyota Camry’s performance begins with two capable and sophisticated engine options, both of which come standard with a six-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a more detailed examination of both:
- 2.5L I-4 – The base engine on the Camry, which comes as the standard engine on all trim levels, is a 2.5L four-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i). It makes 178 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque, and it gets an EPA-estimated 33 mpg highway and 24 mpg city.
- 3.5L V6 – When you want to bump your performance up to the next level, consider opting for the XLE or XSE trim levels’ available 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-valve with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i). This engine increases your output to an impressive 268 hp and 248 lb-ft of torque while still helping you get an EPA-estimated 30 mpg highway and 21 mpg city.
SE and XSE Sport Package
If you’re looking for a particularly sporty look and feel on the road, the Toyota Camry’s SE and XSE trims are both strong picks. The SE gets the four-cylinder engine and the XSE gets the V6, but both models come with a sport-tuned suspension system for a more responsive, agile feel on the road, as well as:
- Color-keyed rear spoiler
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Chrome-tipped exhaust system
- Other unique and sporty styling flourishes
Take Home Winning Performance With the 2017 Toyota Camry
Whether you’re looking to save on gas or get where you’re going with style and sporty confidence, the 2017 Toyota Camry has the performance you’re looking for. At Palmer’s Toyota, we have a wide variety of Camry models complete with the powertrain and performance options you need. We’re located at 470 Schillinger Road South in Mobile, AL, and our dealership is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., and Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. You can always contact us online or give us a call at (251) 639-0800 with any questions about the Camry, our dealership, or our current incentives!