Celebrate Mardi Gras in Mobile!
Looking for a fun way to celebrate Mardi Gras 2018 near Pascagoula this year? The team at Palmer’s Toyota wants to show you why Mardi Gras in Mobile is something you won’t want to pass up. Experience Fat Tuesday like never before with the help of this guide to celebrating the holiday right here in the Port City!
What Makes Mardi Gras in Mobile, AL So Unique?
While New Orleans may be front and center in many people’s minds when they think of Mardi Gras, Mobile was actually the original capital of French Louisiana and the first city to celebrate the holiday in the United States! Here are just a few reasons to consider making Mobile your Mardi Gras 2018 destination of choice:
- Frenchman Nicholas Langlois started Mardi Gras in Mobile in 1703.
- According to the New York Times, several mystic societies abound in Mobile and are responsible for the planning and implementation of this unique holiday in Mobile!
- Carnival celebrations in Mobile actually begin as early as November with a number of private galas.
- If you make it to Mobile early, you can celebrate Joe Cain Day the Sunday before.
- You can also get a sense of Mobile’s rich Carnival history by visiting our very own Carnival Museum.
This year, as always, there’s a full lineup of events for you to take part in during Mardi Gras 2018. You can even follow the entire route of the parade and take advantage of a variety of vendors and events along the way.
The people of the Port City are waiting to welcome you for the fun and festivities of Mardi Gras in Mobile. Make a plan to join in all the fun this year!
Experience Mobile the Right Way!
Whether you’re a visitor coming to Mobile solely for Mardi Gras or a local looking for some of the best things going on in town, you can count on the team at Palmer’s Toyota for information on all the excitement the Port City has to offer. Our dealership is located at 470 Schillinger Road South in Mobile, AL, and you can reach us seven days a week online or by phone at (251) 639-0800. We look forward to celebrating Mardi Gras with you!